cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Arrows flashing

finlayb1011
Tuning in

Hello, I only became a virgin media user 10 days ago, I got my hub on the 3rd, set it up and all was well, had great connection and no problems at all, however, last Wednesday the green arrows began to flash and the wifi has stopped working. The green arrows have continued to flash and the service in the area is apparently down, i signed up for text notifications so I would know when it came back online and everyday since I have received a text saying it is estimated to be fixed the following day at a random time, however EVERY time it has sent me another text soon after the estimated time has passed saying it will be fixed the following day, I am unable to reach any human beings from virgin for support as the help line always says the service in my area is down. Any advice? I’m unsure if the service is actually down (as it has now been “down” for 5 days with no progress) or if my hub is broken. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some longer outages going on. 

You could also try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub and check that all cables and connections are tight and secure and not kinked or damaged. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call VM to check for local issues on 0800 561 0061. 

Really important that you keep your 14 day cooling off period at the forefront here... 

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply, I have contacted this number but all it does is say there are local issues occurring, however considering it’s been 5 days and everyday has been the estimated day for it to be fixed I do think this Is slightly strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some longer outages going on. 

You could also try a 30 second pinhole reset of the hub and check that all cables and connections are tight and secure and not kinked or damaged. 

Ok thank you I’ll give these solutions a try.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi finlayb1011

Thank you for your post and I am very sorry fofr any inconvenience caused by the issue. 

I am having trouble locating your details to be able to check the equipment from our side. 

How have things been since you last posted? Have you seen any improvements?

If not please do let us know and we will be able to assist further. 

Nat