Menu
Ianskez
Tuning in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Google Play apps not updating over wifi

Many thanks Alessandro. Should the forum team pick this up automatically or is there and escalation route I should follow?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ianskez,

To look into this further I'd like to look into your WiFi settings but would need to go through security to do so.

I'm going to pop you over a private message with some security questions, if you're ok to go to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond to this please.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Ianskez
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily
That's OK. I await your message.

Thanks

Ian
0 Kudos
MarcoB
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emily

I'm the same problem can you please help

Thank you

Marco

0 Kudos
Ianskez
Tuning in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marco

After trying a few things we came to the conclusion that the Google Play Store was blocking my IP as every other service in my phone worked perfectly and I could access the Play Store OK from other WIFI connections.  Emily advised me to turn the router off overnight as that should mean the IP address was reset to a new one, but it did not work as the router had the same IP address.  However I have just been away for a few days so I turned the router off while away and having switched it back on last night it has a new IP address and the Play Store apps now update OK.  So it seems you will need to turn the router off for a while so that it gets a new IP address, the longer the better until the IP address is renewed. I hope that helps.

Why the Google Play Store blocked the IP address in the first place I have no idea.

Ian

MarcoB
Tuning in
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much, will try

0 Kudos