Menu
vspallas
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Google Nest Audio can't connect with Hub3

Hello all,

A few days ago I changed my internet provider to VirginMedia, and since then I can't connect my Google Nest Audio with the WiFi. After an investigation to the internet, I found out that some Google Products do no work well when Band Steering, which I disabled (or at least I think so - what I did is to disabled Smart WiFi from the Wireless signal section) but I was still unable to connect it.

I also tried to disable 2.4 GHz, give different names for each frequency, and reduce the MTU size but none of them worked.

Has anyone ever faced that?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Google Nest Audio can't connect with Hub3

You need to split the two WiFi bands. In the settings of your hub, rename the SSID, so they are xxx-2 and xxx-5. Then try connecting to the xxx-2 SSID.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
vspallas
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Google Nest Audio can't connect with Hub3

Hello Alessandro, thanks for the reply. I tried that and it worked, but the next day it wasn't connected. I tried that again yesterday and when I managed to connect it, I also reduce MTU to 1350 and now it works fine!

0 Kudos