cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GlobalProtect dropping connection

Gannicus1000
Tuning in

I have been using the Hub 3 since May 2019 with no issues. However since April/May 2020 when using GlobalProtect for work the connection drops every 20/30 minutes or so meaning that I am unable to access my work’s corporate network or use the internet, even though my laptop says I am still connected to the internet. The temporary fix is turning GlobalProtect on and off but the same issue arises 20/30 minutes later. If I keep GlobalProtect turned off I have no internet connection issues, I also have no issues with any of my other devices.

I have tried turning off the Hub 3 firewall and have had my firm’s IT team replace my laptop (Thinkpad Yoga X1 running Windows 10) but to no avail. IT have also logged on to my laptop remotely to play around with things (including reinstalling GlobalProtect) but nothing has worked.

The only workaround for this issue is tethering my phone or going into the office (I have been doing the latter which is why I have lived with this issue for so long). I am concerned that if a second lockdown happens I will have to tether my phone full time which will be expensive and cost me personally (I do not have a work phone). My firm's IT team are at a loss as to what more they can do and at this stage my only option appears to be changing internet service provider to Sky who also operate in my area. I don’t really want to have to change provider as I like Virgin and don’t want the hassle but obvious I can’t have this issue persisting.

I would be grateful if somebody could offer me some options for resolving this so I can take a view as to whether I need to change provider or not.

40 REPLIES 40

i live in an apartment and that is where Virgin have their kit.