cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig 1 in my area or not?

trevormc
Up to speed

I noticed on My Virgin Media this morning that it states that Gig1 is now in my area. But when I checked the list of cities and did a search, Nottingham doesn't come up so it's left me confused. Is it now available or not?

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks for your post and update, trevormc,

Glad to hear the new hub is on the way.

Cheers,

Corey C

I installed it yesterday. All went well apart from my two hubs not connecting to the Superhub 4. I rang them this morning and was advised to reboot which I'd already done 4 or 5 times. He said it should all be alright in an hour and he said he would call me back at 11am but I've heard nothing. Typical Virgin Media!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Trevormc, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry to hear they are not connecting. We cannot guarantee that 3rd party equipment will work.

I have had a look at your account and can see your wifi frequency are both at capacity and this may affect your devices connections.

Zoie

Thank you Zoie,

I had a text message from Virgin on Tuesday evening to say that the issue is sorted so I switched both of my pods on and indeed it is sorted.

I just need to sort out why I'm only getting 350 on Ethernet on a Cat8 nylon braided cable.

Thank you for your reply

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @trevormc

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm really pleased to hear that the issue is now sorted, thanks for letting us know.

Regarding your ethernet speeds, have you checked the cable for any damage? Have you tried using a different cable to see if the cable itself could be the issue?

Best wishes,

Serena