cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig 1 in my area or not?

trevormc
Up to speed

I noticed on My Virgin Media this morning that it states that Gig1 is now in my area. But when I checked the list of cities and did a search, Nottingham doesn't come up so it's left me confused. Is it now available or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the postcode check on the VM site and see if it offers you 1GB. When I try that - the headline message is 1GBis in your Area - but when you try and order it - it isn't an option - 500 is the Max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

sophist
Trouble shooter

@trevormc wrote:

I noticed on My Virgin Media this morning that it states that Gig1 is now in my area. But when I checked the list of cities and did a search, Nottingham doesn't come up so it's left me confused. Is it now available or not?

do you mean your "Virgin Media Area" i.e. the area quoted on your account info? If so, they are billing rather than geographical areas.. so it may not be available to you yet. Nottingham isn't listed as a gig 1 area at least..

No, it was an advert splash that said 'Gig 1our fastest future ready broadband is in your area now'.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the postcode check on the VM site and see if it offers you 1GB. When I try that - the headline message is 1GBis in your Area - but when you try and order it - it isn't an option - 500 is the Max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ive already done that John and it returns 600mbps which I have

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You will have to wait then... 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I went on chat this morning and it took them 30 minutes to tell me that Gig 1 isn't available in my area. It seemed to take forever each time I answered their questions.

It shouldn't come up on My Virgin Media saying that it is.

And so 10 months later I am still waiting. Its available at my previous house just half a mile away but not on my street. I did have Virgin do some work 'to improve mt services' a couple of weeks ago and the internet was off all day.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for any delay trevormc - if you've checked via the website and are still unable to order it hopefully it won't be much longer to wait now. 

Tom 

I saw the press release this morning that all areas have now been rolled out;

I rang them this morning and my Superhub arrives on Thursday. They also gave me a £35 credit which means have free activation and because I have moved my Virgin mobile over to O2 my upgrade is free.

All good things really are worth waiting for after waiting 2 years for it.