cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 120mbs from a 600mps service

unhappyuser2804
Dialled in

Been getting speeds of around 150 mbs from our 600 mbs service for a week now. Anyone else in the Birmingham area experiencing slower speeds? To be honest, I can survive with 150 mbs, but if I wanted that speed I’d pay less. System status check on my router identifies a fault but just keeps on asking me to check back in 23 hours. Looks like I’ll be asking for a partial refund.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you also  try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is that reporting?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

carl_pearce
Community elder

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

You don't get partial refunds with VM, only for full outages after 48 hours.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you also  try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is that reporting?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey unhappyuser2804,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection speeds at the moment. I have looked this on our system and cannot see anything that would be causing your issues, how has your connection been running since you last posted?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for all the responses folks . Speeds now hove returned to normal (500 MBS+) without me doing anything, so must have been network related.