cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full fibre?

Ash4115
Joining in

Hi City Fibre have installed full fibre lines in my area - does this mean we’d be able to get Virgin media or is it different lines completely? As it’s saying not in our area on virgin media website.

Thank you in advance for any replies 

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Completly different company I'm afraid 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

g0akc
Problem sorter

@Ash4115 wrote:

Hi City Fibre have installed full fibre lines in my area - does this mean we’d be able to get Virgin media or is it different lines completely? As it’s saying not in our area on virgin media website.

CityFibre don't sell direct to domestic customers - they work with a number of providers in each area and they all offer a number of different products. Here the choice is Zen, TalkTalk and a couple of others.  No Virgin Media who have their own completely separate cables and network.

You will no doubt soon start receiving marketing information. One factor is that the ISPs on CityFibre don't seem to to do the same/directly comparable TV packages - but you can use a different IPTV provider and pick what you want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ash4115 

Vodafone is the largest retailer on the CityFibre network, so might be worth checking their site.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali