cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Wi-Fi signal but no internet

Mhutchyuk
Joining in

I’ve been a customer for around 2 months. Several times a day we get an issue with the Hub 3 where it’s showing full Wi-Fi signal but there’s no internet on devices. This happens on various different devices even though the box still has a white light. Also even when stood right next to the hub. We’ve tried all the reboot stuff with no joy so are constantly having to use 4g or turn the Wi-Fi on and off. This on top of the absolutely rubbish Wi-Fi range on the hub. any suggestions? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

Connected to the Hub 3's Wi-Fi but not gaining internet  access is exactly what is seen when Wi-Fi Pausing has been used to block internet access.

Need more Wi-Fi coverage, invest in a Wi-Fi Router / Mesh / Access Points / Repeaters

We find the Hub 3's WI-Fi stability is improved with the following settings :

Client62_0-1689525728997.png

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mhutchyuk, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is an issue with the connection. 

Cab you confirm if you have tried what client62 has suggested? Have things now improved. 

Please let us know if you are still having issues with the service. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Brewster82
On our wavelength

I’ll have to try the suggested settings in other comment. I’m getting the same issue as you have described. Wi-Fi doesn’t drop. But no data gets through, so I’m having to use 4g. Although I haven’t changed anything in router so don’t see why it should be happening now after 7 years! 

Hi @Brewster82 thanks for your reply here in the thread.

Please let us know how you get on once you have tried the methods explained or if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the advice. I haven’t paused Wi-Fi on any devices. How do I access these settings please?

Client62
Legend

Via the Hub's menu at : http://192.168.0.1/  

The Hub menu has an 8 digit password printed on the bottom of the Hub ( it differs from the Wi-Fi password )

Hi @Mhutchyuk thanks for your reply here.

Hopefully @Client62 has advised the correct method here so you can get this sorted.

If no devices appear paused, can you try a full factory reset as advised here as this generally does resolve most issues but it will reset all passwords on the Hub back to default.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Brewster82
On our wavelength

IMG_0101.png

I don’t know if it will help your issue, but I had similar and found disabling the smart Wi-Fi /channel optimisation fixed my problems. I haven’t had one drop since doing this. I had full Wi-Fi but no internet as you described.