cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Fibre

Walshy348
Tuning in

My daughter and friend have just moved into a rented flat with no landline.  I gather they may be able to get full fibre broadband; is that the same as 'fibre' or does she need to stipulate 'full fibre'? I don't want her potentially ordering the wrong thing and we are all clueless when it comes to this. Having been on comparison websites, it's coming up with M100 Fibre Broadband for £24/month; does that sound right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

M100 is a good starter speed from VM and £24 a good price for it too.  For most people's purposes VM is essentially full fibre ie no old copper cabling but I won't bore you with the many complexities that come with these terms! 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

M100 is a good starter speed from VM and £24 a good price for it too.  For most people's purposes VM is essentially full fibre ie no old copper cabling but I won't bore you with the many complexities that come with these terms! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also they will need the landlord's permission of course re the installation. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good advice from Cardiffman... the cabling has to enter the property somehow and that usually involves drilling through a wall or door/window frame etc.

Also there will be an "omnibox" fitted to the external wall and cabling from the street to that. Unless the flat is in a block of flats that are all VM serviced internally?

Do any other flats have a VM service?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Use the postcode checker to see if you can get VM's service.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker 

Pay no attention to "fibre" as you'll get the same broadband, TV and phone services regardless of the network which carries them.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks John. She's no idea if any of the other flats have a VM service; she could do with asking them and the landlord with regards to the previous tenants.

Thanks everyone, she is sorted now. A very nice lady from Virgin called me yesterday and told me the necessary cables are already in place so just a connection is needed.

Hi @Walshy348,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

We are glad to see you are interested in our services. We are also glad to see our team was able to advise on this. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs