Menu
Davvoh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated

Just wanted to let off steam.trying to work and can’t get internet access.eventually managed to borrow a smartphone and find out on vm site that there is known problem which is estimated is going to be fixed by 8.45pm - not much use when trying to work during the day. Found it really difficult to discover this information and most of the help screens make you think it’s something you have done wrong rather than a fault which it turns out VM are aware of

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated

Virgin Media doesn't guarantee a continuous broadband connection, and these breaks due to faults or maintenance do occur.  If you rely on broadband for WFH you should get a standby service like 4G data, as many of us do.  Or you could get a business contract with guaranteed service levels.

0 Kudos
Davvoh
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I understand that one cannot expect continuous broadband but was it unreasonable to expect a bit more than a couple of hours access between 8 and 5 . No need to respond .thank you

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately faults don't always choose the most convenient time to happen.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Next time a fault appears kindly ask him/her to come back later 🙄

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos