cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent loss of connection (Hub lights suggest overheating but hub not hot at all)

littleredb
Joining in

Hi , my broadband connection drops out at least 10 times a day , the hub (Super Hub 2) shows a red power light on front and all lights on back of hub flash when it drops out suggesting it is overheating. The hub is in an open location and does not feel hot when it does this.  To get back online I have to either unplug the Hub and then plug in then it connects again or sometimes it does come back on on its own.  This has been going on for months and seems to be getting more frequent and is getting incredibly frustrating with my wife and I both working from home and having to be on video calls for work.  I have tried moving the Hub (3 times) to different parts of the room and resetting to factory setting but this has not made any difference.       

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi littleredb,.

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with our internet services, and that you're having to reboot the hub to get any connection at all. 

We have taken a look from our end remotely for you, and can see that you are being affected by a short term connectivity issue. This will cause intermittent or performance issues and loss of connection. As this is a short term issues we will need to monitor this issue for you.

I will come back in the next the next couple of days to see if anything has improved regarding this situation, I have raised a fault ticket on your account already so this issue has been logged.

If nothing has improved in the next couple of days we will investigate further and book a technician if necessary.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi , 

Thanks for looking in to it .This has not improved with drop outs still happening regularly throughout the day. 

Hi littleredb,

Thanks for coming back to us, the area issue is still effecting you and there is work being carried out Today which should resolve this for you,  this is showing to be resolved by Today at 15:00.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Regards

Paul.

Hi , the internet is still dropping out and has done a few times yesterday and today. Hub does not seem to be suggesting (via the lights) that its overheating but still getting the drop outs in connection

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if the issue is still "active".

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi littleredb,

Thanks for coming back to us, the area issue isn't showing and when I have run further checks it is showing as a technician is required, so I can arrange this I will invite you into a private chat.

I will send you a inviter shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

As soon as I sent the last message now overheated again 😞