cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent disconnections/connection issues (hot coax cable issue?)

Mike_G44
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm experiencing frequent and regular connection/disconnection issues with my Hub 4. I didn't think anything of it at first but when I noticed the pattern of it happening pretty much daily at around the same time I went to inspect the hub.

The white coax cable that connects to the wall socket seems to be getting unusually hot at the end where it's connected to the hub. Coincidentally when I went to touch the cable to see if it's connected properly, the hub reset and connection was back up. I imagine it could be some sort of voltage issue that's causing the cable to heat up and the hub to disconnect?

What can be done about this?

Appreciate any support.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
May be a bad connection - you will need a Tech visit to investigate. Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Mike_G44 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with disconnections.

I have taken a look over the account and run some diagnostics, on the account, there seems to be a capacity issues with your broadband that could be coursing some of these issues.  However It is worrying that the coax is overheating,  did you manage to call the technical support team regarding this? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

Thank you both for your input and advice first.

I will be calling up tech team today and will update you on the situation.

Are you able to elaborate on the capacity issues?

Thanks.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

I can sort that out for you, no need to call the team. 

Capacity issue is basically means that some of the devices connected 2.4ghz and the 5.0ghz are on the wrong bands, the easiest way to resolve this is to turn off the devices and back on again, Alternatively you can split the SSIDs and assign each device. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M