cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Disconnections, repeated network faults

MarwoodChap
Tuning in

My connection keeps dropping, multiple times a day and has done for the past 3 weeks - since upgrading to the 1gig service and getting a Hub 4. This is my connection to Virgin, not my wifi.

I've tried to book an engineer appointment 3 times and each time I get notified it's been canceled, there's a local issue. This is then reported as fixed and then we go back on the same loop - drop-outs, report. Book an engineer and get cancelled.

I tried speaking to customer services via chat. They can't help and transfer to tech services which is a bot. I then get redirected to the same support tool that I had used initially.

Speaking to the Twitter team brought me here. 

Logs as follows:

19 REPLIES 19

Nothing as yet - Are you definitely monitoring the right IP address (It changes in if you switch between modem and router mode)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

It was my error, in how I'd configured the firewall rules. Should be working now. Doh!

Online_Ping_Utility_Tool_for_IPv4_Address___IP_AddressGuide.png

That's better - Pretty spiky and with some packet loss!

Is that something I should be flagging to Virgin? Is there anything I can do improve from my end?

One thing I'm slightly concerned about is how ancient the hardware in my place is. It's old C&W ports etc,

Vm staff should pick this up and do some checks from their end!

Your hub stats look fine to me - it possibly could be a complex local fault that is causing the drops!

Nice one, thank you 👍

Hi MarwoodChap,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're continuing to have issues with this. 

I have ran some checks on our side and everything seems to be showing as okay. 

Can you confirm is this affecting both a Wired & Wireless connection?

^Martin

Yes, all connections. This is a hub or network issue I think. 

The hub seems to be hanging or getting stuck, and then when rebooting may take up to 45m to reconnect. However this evening I have been without service for several hours. 

The service status page shows either no local area issues, or asks me to monitor an intermittent connection blip. I’d suggest 3+ hours not being able to work is a bit more than a connection blip… Is there anything you can do to help?

MarwoodChap
Tuning in

I had an engineer come out today and switch out the old C&W box on the wall with a new Virgin one. Fingers crossed that solves things, although the spikes in latency do seem to still be there.

Sorry to hear this is ongoing, MarwoodChap, it appears we are addressing the issue within private chat. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Corey C