cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview Play Channel guide

Bondeee
Tuning in

Could anyone tell me why no channels appear on the guide? Are channels delivered via the cable? Thanks. 

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have Stream-TV, then all your TV is delivered over the internet.

Virgin Media is a different platform to Freeview, which is DTV delivered over a rooftop or external aerial.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bondeee
Tuning in

Does Stream offer live TV channels? Or just the catch up services? Previously I had Sky, which did offer the live channels via an EPG. Thanks for your help. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bondeee 

The Stream box delivers the live TV over the internet and there should be an electronic EPG showing.

There should be a navigation bar at the top of the screen when you have the box turned on.

Use the navigational control pad on the Stream remote (up/down/left/right) and press up to go to the navigation bar.

This will probably have a red line under the Home title. You then scroll across for the other options. So press right to highlight Guide and press OK.

This should bring up the EPG.

If it's blanked then it appears that you aren't connected to the VM internet (it won't work with other ISP's)

If that's the case then scroll across the navigation bar to Settings (the cog wheel)and click OK

Then click on System > Change conenction type and follow the onscreen wizard to set up the internet either using an ethernet cable, or by wifi.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, at the top of the screen on the left of the home page i have “search”, “home” (underlined in white), “discover” and “apps”. 

On the right are icons that mean “inputs”, “connected”, “settings” and then the time. 

I am connected to my VM box. 

I do not see the term “guide”. I have a picture on a TV under “installed apps”, i’d I choose this it says “please scan channels!”. 

if i scan for channels, none appear. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the menu options you mention it’s obvious you are using Freeview TV set or Set Top Box. Freeview is not a Virgin service & you cannot get it through their cable.

Freeview is delivered via a rooftop TV aerial, so you must first install & connect that  to scan for channels. This will populate the channel guide & you can then connect to the internet to use Freeview Play for catch-up services, BBC iPlayer, Netflix etc.

I have moved the thread to the internet boards, as the query does not relate to Virgin TV.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Bondee, thanks for posting on our help forum and this thread.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your TV guide not showing the programmes / channel description.
Has the advice from nodrog and our insightful forum members above helped at all?

Please, let us know where you are with this and if you've managed to get this sorted since your last post on Monday?
Happy to help you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Basically i don’t think the stream box and remote are working, how can i address this?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the basis that you have a Stream box, which itself is not clear from the posts thus far, what makes you think it's not working?

An explanation of any issues you have, will help others to advise. Otherwise we can only suggest VM's standard fault reporting on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

thanks i will speak to virgin as my stream  box and remote aren’t working i’m just getting catch up tv via the internet provided by virgin using my tv remote control