cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluctuating upload speeds after Gig1 Upgrade

kuldiprules
Tuning in

Hello all, I have upgraded from M600 to Gig1 and since the engineer swapped the hubs and activated the service I have had fluctuating upload speeds. 

When doing speeds tests, the speed initially starts at 50mbps but then immediately plummets to around 10mbps before slowly crawling back up and finishing the speed test at 40 mbps. 

It does this on all my devices both wireless and wired and I have also tried different speed test servers but it’s still the same. 

is this normal or could there be an issue? 

4A00F2DA-B923-4B9C-9760-35401739421D.png

800FDC5E-AEBE-404E-A263-954DB2B42CCE.jpeg

16 REPLIES 16

kuldiprules
Tuning in

PS download speeds have been perfect, getting 930/940 on wired and between 5/600 on wireless 

Thanks in advanced 

Hello kuldiprules

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your recent speed upgrade and the problems experienced with your upload speeds. 

From looking at the connection and speeds the download speeds (as you have mentioned) have been excellent since the upgrade, Saturday saw a dip in the upload speeds as shown in your image but Sunday and today it is averaging above the 50mbps

Has this improved since your post?

Rob

test your router speed on www.samknows/realspeed

https://samknows.com/realspeed/ sorry wrong address this is cochure

Thanks for that, I have just run a test and unfortunately the exact same thing happens.

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 16.39.34.png

Hi @kuldiprules,

Thank you for your posts. I am really sorry to hear you're having a little trouble with your upload speeds lately.

Are these ongoing today? If so, what speeds are you currently getting? Do they tend to go any lower than around 40Mbps as you've displayed above?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello @Zach_R 

Thank you for your reply. Yes unfortunately the upload speeds are still going lower than the 40mbps

I have just done a Speedtest for you now. 

I have had a technician out today however they could not find a fault.

I really do hope you can help 🙂

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 17.11.56.png

Thank you for the update @kuldiprules.

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing. I have had a further look into your account in regards to this. It does look as if your downstream power level are out of sync. I have sent you a private message in regards to this.

Please lookout for the purple envelope on the top right-hand corner and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ahh I see, thank you for taking a look

I have just replied to your pm with the information you asked for as well as a screenshot of the upstream power levels.