cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green status light

deepanshus
On our wavelength

My broadband is down since tuesday, when i ran a service status check, it said a technician needs to be sent. I scheduled an appointment for the first available slot, ie 16th Sep, today.I got a confirmation SMS twice, and also an SMS for COVID confirmation.

no one turned up to fix the issue and neither have they informed me if the appointment is pushed to another day or what is the next step.

I am waiting to get my broadband fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi deepanshus,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to see you are potentially effected by an area fault and the recent Technician was cancelled, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like there are still potential issues in the are, there are no further updates at this time, how are things your end?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If there is a known fault all tech visits are auto cancelled - so do this ...

Can you check for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi deepanshus,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community, sorry to see you are potentially effected by an area fault and the recent Technician was cancelled, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like there are still potential issues in the are, there are no further updates at this time, how are things your end?

Regards

Paul.

mine was fixed as engineer switched me to a different socket in the cabinet. but apparently my neighbour has the same issue !! Seems like it may need a more drastic fix than moving connections around.

Deepanshu 

Hey deepanshus, okay thank you for letting me know this and I am sorry to hear about your neighbour.

It might be worth them popping us a message on here too, could you please guide them to us? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt, i passed on the Ops Team number. 

i am still getting the below critical errors. Is this is any concern or is this expected?

04/10/2022 00:48:40criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*******:ee:73;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/10/2022 05:57:24criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Thanks for coming back to us @deepanshus.

Looking in the local area, an outage is flagging and is estimated to be fixed on 10/10 at 09:00.

Please report back to us after this time frame if the fault is still ongoing.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn