cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green light

Marcus2022
Tuning in

My internet went down @ 8:30am yesterday. I live in Manchester, Blackley area if anyone else is experiencing anything similar? 

I had an engineer booked for the 1st of September. Bit too long to wait but got a text earlier to say, that they’re putting the engineer on hold while they fix the problem?? Flabbergasted to say the least, I need the internet for work 😔 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It’s sorted now. I got £30 compensation for being without internet for 5 days.

It was a network issue yes, but finding out what the actual problem was, was hard. Trying to get a timeframe was even harder. 

But I’ll tell for those who want to listen. 
On Wednesday, I told the technician I was going to make a complaint about him, as he didn’t really tell me anything about what was going on. Just, “it’s a network problem & I don’t kno why I’m here”.
Apparently, they were waiting for a “splicer” but didn’t get one as it was bank holiday. I was told this on Wednesday. I believe bank holiday only last one day.. I may be wrong 😂

so after I said I was going to complain about him, he gave me this explanation 5mins after. 30 mins after that & my internet came back on. 

im not saying this is why my internet came back on but the customer service in this company is pathetic to say the least. They charge you for things that other providers give for free, like technical support. 

the out sourced customer service is worse. I got the phone hung up on me many times. 

The only good thing I can say is, if you pay they help🤷🏻‍♂️

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its a know problem - they happen. Check these 2

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah I tried that mate, thanks 

Hi there @Marcus2022

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! It's great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your appointment! I can see that there are currently no outages in the area that may be effecting your service.

How are things looking with your connection now? 

Thank you. 

Still waiting on technician. Should be here from 8am-12pm.
Had to buy ‘homework’s’ & add it to package  in order to avoid a week wait for a technician. 

Tbh I think its quite scandalous that you have to pay extra to avoid being left to perish with no internet for a week. 

Technician came. Said he didn’t know why he’s here, as there is supposedly a network issue in this area?! 
I checked that and I’m guessing customer service did when they agreed to send out a technician.

He says there nothing he can do & hands me a leaflet with his number on & says “call me in the morning & I’ll chase it up” What. A. Joke! 

4th day with no internet for work, I don’t think it will be the last. 

then before he leaves he has the audacity to ask me if I know anyone that would like to join virgin… HAHAHA

Hi there @Marcus2022, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have been having issues with your connection which have turned out to be a network issue. I can see that you have spoken with the team since posting this.

Have they been able to resolve this for you, if not, we will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

It’s sorted now. I got £30 compensation for being without internet for 5 days.

It was a network issue yes, but finding out what the actual problem was, was hard. Trying to get a timeframe was even harder. 

But I’ll tell for those who want to listen. 
On Wednesday, I told the technician I was going to make a complaint about him, as he didn’t really tell me anything about what was going on. Just, “it’s a network problem & I don’t kno why I’m here”.
Apparently, they were waiting for a “splicer” but didn’t get one as it was bank holiday. I was told this on Wednesday. I believe bank holiday only last one day.. I may be wrong 😂

so after I said I was going to complain about him, he gave me this explanation 5mins after. 30 mins after that & my internet came back on. 

im not saying this is why my internet came back on but the customer service in this company is pathetic to say the least. They charge you for things that other providers give for free, like technical support. 

the out sourced customer service is worse. I got the phone hung up on me many times. 

The only good thing I can say is, if you pay they help🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi Marcus2022,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry for any inconvenience caused but glad this has now been resolved, some issues can take a little longer depending on the complexity of the issue, if this was a Network issue it may have been something the Technician hadn't dealt with, in regards to your comment about having to pay for Technical Support, was this in regards ,to our equipment or an issue with a 3rd party device?

Regards

Paul.