cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green light

Shannon57
Joining in

Hello since 12am I've had a constant gren light and wifi icon on too it days it would be done by 4pm but now it's changed what is going on

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Flashing green base light on a Hub3 (?) usually means loss of network connectivity. If its known and being worked on and now the fix estimate time has changed - then what is going on is that its taking the fix team longer than they first thought.

In that case they usually update the info on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is that reporting for you?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Flashing green base light on a Hub3 (?) usually means loss of network connectivity. If its known and being worked on and now the fix estimate time has changed - then what is going on is that its taking the fix team longer than they first thought.

In that case they usually update the info on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is that reporting for you?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

It is saying different times all the time it's not fair that it's doing this because at the end of the day everyone is suffering do you guys not know what's going on

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Nope... no-one but the people working in the hole/street cabinet fixing the issue know whats actually going on - and they just update the system when they have fixed it or know it should be fixed by x-o.clock.

When this happened to us last year I just wandered round the block past the street cab and down to the main road where 2 VM Vested guys were working in a hole in the street with the United Utility guys looking on. I just asked them what's it looking like -and they replied it was just a simple cable cut through issue and would take another couple of hours to get it sorted - which it did.

TBH thats the best way to find out reality rather than talking to CS agents who are thousands of miles away - but not always possible of course:-)

--------------------
John
--------------------

It's annlying they are telling us it will be done by this time and that time but it's always changing but tbh with it being nearly 24 hours must be sommit serious 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Shannon57 wrote:

It's annlying they are telling us it will be done by this time and that time but it's always changing but tbh with it being nearly 24 hours must be sommit serious 

Just hope it isnt as serious as this one was....

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi @Shannon57,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been facing some broadband issues recently. Are these ongoing for you today? If so, I can see that you've mentioned this is being reported on our Service Status Checker tool. Can you check there and confirm what's currently being reported? You can also sign up to receive updates there via SMS and/or email.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!