cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing green light at bottom. Solid green WiFi light

Mark1871
Dialled in

As it says. The light at the bottom is flashing green. The WiFi light is solid green. I’ve checked connections etc. All good. I tried booking an engineer but not sure it worked as it shows as no upcoming appointments on the app. Any help appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Flashing green usually means there is no connection to the network.

Have you checked for “known network faults” first

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mark1871,

Have you performed the diagnostics on the following page? Router lights 

I notice you said you tried to arrange an engineer, but nothing is showing in your app.

If there is a local fault then the engineer appointment would be cancelled so check the Service Status number on 0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

As well as your app you can also check if an appointment is showing in MyVirginMedia at the top of the page.

Click on the Help tab (next to My Upgrades and Offers and Service Status); if you hover over that tab, a new menu will appear. 

Scroll on over to the Orders and Appointments tab and click ok.

Providing it's been arranged the visit will show there,  and you can reschedule from there if the timeslot booked is not convenient for you. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mark1871

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear that you have had some service issues.

I've not been able to locate your account via the forum details provided - do you still need assistance? 

Please keep us posted if so and we'll be more than happy to help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sorry I thought I had posted that the problem was now solved. Apologies. 

Hi @Mark1871,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Glad to hear the problem has been sorted 🙂

Have a lovely day. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs