cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing arrows on hub and TV box

NicF
Joining in

Hi, I have read the answers on the green flashing arrows on my hub and tried all the tricks previously suggested but not resolved the issue. As I work from home this is quite urgent. Does anyone know if there's WiFi issues in the SN3 area today (Thursday 23rd)? Or if not are there other things I can try to get it sorted out?

Thank you 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best not to refer to it as a 'WiFi issue', it's a broadband issue and call handlers can get very confused.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker although this only covers large outages.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NicF

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the internet issues. You do need a tech visit as your upstream levels are only showing 2 channels, both out of spec. Your downstream are either too low or need adjusting. I'll send you a PM now to book the tech in.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NicF

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in for the upstream issues, this will be viewable in your online account - virg.in/myVM - where you can track, amend and cancel the visit if needed.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill