Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Green Light on the HUB3

universal1962
Tuning in

Hi,

I joined the community today.

I recently got the Hub 3 router as I upgraded to the M100 package. All was well until my broadband was down for over 24 hours (this happens every now and again). All was okay the following day except that the green light was continuously flashing which it never did before.

I rang customer services and was on hold for 30 minutes so I gave up, and the following day was cut off and then after another 45 minute call got through – I should add that whilst making the call an automated check was done which indicated there was a problem and I needed to speak to someone.

The person I spoke to had trouble understanding me and me him, but eventually they said they would need to get another team to send me a signal and was to wait for 20 minutes and switch my hub off and on again - the green light still flashed every second. I rang customer services the following day after 7pm and again we had communication problems but was told there was no problem with the router flashing and even though the automated check indicated there was a problem.

Although my broadband is working (117 MBS) the flashing green light is annoying as you can see it all the time as the hub is next to my PC. I did a factory reset tonight and it still flashes.

Has anyone else had a situation like this?

Many thanks,     

K

32 REPLIES 32

Hi Emma,

sadly same issue continues even with some Hob reboots along the way.

continually started WPS Inprogress.

All wired connections are fine albeit a couple of times they have slowed.

wifi on the other hand is terrible, often you get either VERY slow or none at all.

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I've had a little look and it's showing that there is a fault in the area under the reference F008267391. 

This is due to be fixed today by 20:00 however this is only an estimate and can change. 

Do let us know if it's still an issue after this time and we'll be able to update you further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi,

I’ve been having the same issue recently with the WiFi light flashing green all the time. 

is there a list to see if my area is effected by this known problem?

Thanks 

Many thanks works well but do you go back and re enable at a latter date?

I noticed when I tried to log back in, it would not accept my PW

WiFi light

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for the delayed response Tigger02112, you would only need to re-enable WPS if you'd prefer not to connect devices manually by entering the password. It wouldn't have any impact otherwise. 

Tom

Callum1231
Joining in

Hello, I've tried this method and have turned off the WPS settings in the Hub page but the green light is still flashing? 

Currently in Exeter in the EX4 postcode region. Is there a network outage in this area or is it a router issue? Please can you let me know.

Thank you 

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

Try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Hi Lisa,

I'm having similar issues and have tried this method of disabling the WPS settings but no luck!

Could you please let me know whether there is a system outage in Exeter EX4, or if it is a router problem causing the flashing green light?

Thank you 

Hi Mike,

I've checked the page and tried the number and they have said that the network service in my area is perfect.

Would that imply it is an internal router problem?