Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Green Light on the HUB3

universal1962
Tuning in

Hi,

I joined the community today.

I recently got the Hub 3 router as I upgraded to the M100 package. All was well until my broadband was down for over 24 hours (this happens every now and again). All was okay the following day except that the green light was continuously flashing which it never did before.

I rang customer services and was on hold for 30 minutes so I gave up, and the following day was cut off and then after another 45 minute call got through – I should add that whilst making the call an automated check was done which indicated there was a problem and I needed to speak to someone.

The person I spoke to had trouble understanding me and me him, but eventually they said they would need to get another team to send me a signal and was to wait for 20 minutes and switch my hub off and on again - the green light still flashed every second. I rang customer services the following day after 7pm and again we had communication problems but was told there was no problem with the router flashing and even though the automated check indicated there was a problem.

Although my broadband is working (117 MBS) the flashing green light is annoying as you can see it all the time as the hub is next to my PC. I did a factory reset tonight and it still flashes.

Has anyone else had a situation like this?

Many thanks,     

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to 192.168.0.1 through your browser & log in to your hub settings.

You will need the hub settings password from the base of the unit if you have not logged in before, & then will have to change this password.

Once you are in, go to Advanced Settings>Wireless>WPS

Disable both WPS options so that you turn the feature off. Save the changes.

Go to Admin & choose Reset & Reboot, & do a standard Reboot.

With WPS disabled the hub should stop searching for WPS kit, which is what causes the light to flash.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are 3 lights that can flash green on the hub.

The base light, the WiFi light, & the internet (two arrows) light.

If you have a working connection it is likely this is the WiFi light.

Please confirm if it is & I will advise what to do.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

Thank you for your speedy response.

Yes it is the WiFi light.

Kevin

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to 192.168.0.1 through your browser & log in to your hub settings.

You will need the hub settings password from the base of the unit if you have not logged in before, & then will have to change this password.

Once you are in, go to Advanced Settings>Wireless>WPS

Disable both WPS options so that you turn the feature off. Save the changes.

Go to Admin & choose Reset & Reboot, & do a standard Reboot.

With WPS disabled the hub should stop searching for WPS kit, which is what causes the light to flash.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help as it worked perfectly - the flashing green light has disappeared. I have to say I was getting a bit disillusioned as the day the problem started, I received a letter to say that my bill was going up by £3.50 a month. I feel happier now.

If I ever have any problems in the future, I think I will use the Virgin Media Community.

Cheers,

Kevin

Worked for me too, thanks very much it was driving me mad

Just received my unit, and having the same issue but doing the WPS changes hasn't worked for me, any other ideas?!

Hi GeorgeM987,

Sorry to hear about your flashing green light when receiving your new unit. There is a known issue in some areas about the WiFi flashing light but it doesn't affect your connection. I've checked your details and can see that the known fault is against your area. Can you confirm whether it's the WiFi light that is flashing? Please see this link  so we can be sure we're talking about the same ligh.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi,

im new to VM too and finally setup my home network over the weekend.
i too have the same issue of continuous flashing Wi-fi light and seems odd that I have to turn off the WPS facility to make this go away.

is this issue still ongoing?

cheers

clarky

Hi Clarky68, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you've been having issues with your internet recently, this ins't a good start. 

Have this issues continued this week? 

Is everything working fine over a wired connection? 

Let us know and we'll be able to go through some further trouble shooting if needed. 

Emma_C - Forum Team