cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Green Light. Pinhole Reset Not Helped

Ria3
Joining in

Nothing is working! No Internet, broadband or home phone! I have tried everything I can think of but still no joy! The only obvious problem I can see is the connection directly above the power cord on the router is quite loose. I had not touched it before the problems started so don't know if this is the cause of my problems or not. I am registered disabled and need at least my landline to work at all times. 

3 REPLIES 3

laurenceVM02FE
Joining in

A flashing green light means it’s lost it’s connection to the server. If it is a screw-on type connector try tightening it but only finger tight. If it has a push-on connector make sure it is push on properly but don’t twist it. Reset the hub and see if that works.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ria3 

It might be due to a local issue.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated  Service Status number  0800 561 0061. 

This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

I see you've tried the pinhole reset but it really needs to be pushed in for a timed one minute.

Have you been able to perform the reset through a web browser? That often works better than physically pressing the reset button.

Log into your  hub settings http://192.168.0.1/ or 192.168.100.01 if using a thrid party router.

Then go to Admin > Reload & reboot > Restore default

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Ria3, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look from our side and I can see you have been speaking to the team have they managed to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?