cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Green Hub 3 Mornings Only

Nkaus
Tuning in

My hub 3 has started to flash green every morning this week between 8.30-9.30. only when I reset the whole thing does it continue to work fine for the rest of the day. 

Anyone know why this is? I work from home so need a stable connection all the time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have experienced enough WiFi problems with virgin media to know about restating equipment and checking loose cables. While the green light issue in the mornings has stopped this week the connectivity is still poor and today I have had lost connection twice. How many times do we have to reboot equipment and why is that the solution to the ongoing problems ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nkaus, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing an issue with your Hub and the lights flashing green in the morning, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm which lights are flashing green? If it is the power and WiFi light, this would indicate the Hub is working but struggling to connect with WiFi.

This issue can be caused by loose or damaged connections. With this being the case, can you please checks that all cables leading to and from the equipment are secure and without damage?

Please let us know, thanks. 

Nat

I have experienced enough WiFi problems with virgin media to know about restating equipment and checking loose cables. While the green light issue in the mornings has stopped this week the connectivity is still poor and today I have had lost connection twice. How many times do we have to reboot equipment and why is that the solution to the ongoing problems ?

So I finally called virgin media and they said that people in my area were also reporting issues which they initially thought were down to the individuals hub but since realised there was a fault in the area. it's taken them 2 weeks to identify this and is now being worked on so it seems ok atm. New question why when checking service in the local area was it not picked up? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its probably just that not enough customers in a location had reported a fault. Check for progress here...

Check first for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number.

Faults may not be listed on the Area Status web page. Areas are not Geographic” they are "legacy billing" areas) and as such that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers across the country. So 0800 may give you more info, on local issues - but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers - or just you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your explanation. Tried all those options before calling VM. If they can tell me from their systems on a call their is a local issue it should transfer over to their automated area service checkers that you mentioned as well. They constantly drive you to use the area status checkers then don't put all the information you need.