I've tried to do my research before posting this. I've had a flakey connection for a while now on a Hub3. Intermittently it just drops packets. Doesn't disconnect, nothing in the Hub logs etc. From what I can tell, it only seems to drop outbound packets. I usually notice it when I'm on a Teams call, and as far as I see it the call is fine (I still receive video and audio) but my colleagues see me freeze and can't hear me. If I have pings running from that device and other devices on the network they show no responses at the same time (so it's not a device issue). Affects wired and wireless devices equally, so I'm pretty sure the problem is router or beyond.
Interestingly, VM rang me last week and offered me a free upgrade to a Hub4. So I've swapped out the hub and tightened all of the connections that I can find indoors, but I still have the same problem. No issues are showing in my area, and the phone number mentioned on other forum posts says all is fine.
I've had a BQM running for a while, and some days look like this, whereas others look like this. Both of those are on the old Hub3. The new Hub4 starts today (after the big red block which is me not updating it with the new IP Address straight away).
I'm going to post my stats over the next 4 posts. Any help or pointers appreciated
One more thing that I forgot to mention is that the MTU was set to 1500 out of the box. After doing some ping tests I've dropped that down to 1470. The main effect that this seemed to have was fixing the "Pre RS Errors" that were showing on channel 1 (as those numbers were getting pretty big)
Thanks for the superfast response @MikeRobbo ! I've followed those instructions and that has come back at 4096 now (interestingly, I had a look at a screenshot I took earlier today and back then it was on 2048). I'll see if this holds up any better!
Could be a noise/line issue. Post an update BQM as well.
***** If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!! I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences. Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
It's mostly behaving itself now. I've got a ping flood test running (to an IP address that belongs to a connection that I'm responsible for, so I'm not DoSing anyone) and the only time that's registered any losses were when I was running a speed test
Got a 3 hour call tomorrow so that'll be the true test!