cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flakey WiFi

JohnP21
Tuning in

How come I have continual WiFi issues and all the help does is sends me in circles and never get to real help. The Virgin Connect is hopeless. It says everything is not working. But is working although not consistently. Boosters are intermittent as well. 
I am paying top dollar and no support. I don’t want to pay to fix my own system. 

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is this just a WiFi problem or with wired connections as well?  What tests have you done?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I have had issues with the boosters as well as WiFi . I have tried all the recommended tests. This has been going on for months. I even get a discount. Hard wired to the hub works well. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What WiFi devices do you use?  Do they connect OK close to the hub?  How far away do they work without the booster? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JohnP21,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your WiFi.

I've taken a look at the account and after running through some diagnostics haven't been able to identify any issues. 

We do have some tips which may help though I appreciate you may have looked at some of these already - How to Improve WiFi 

What issues are you have with the boosters? Do the troubleshooting tips help here ?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for checking my system. I have tried all the tips suggested to no avail. Rebooting the hub sometimes help but don’t want to reboot every day. I have tried one and two boosters with only one ever working. The connect app shows there are issues with the booster and hub. 
I cannot get the connect app to test the WiFi in different areas. 
When switching of the 5mhz WiFi to setup WiFi switches, the app won’t switch it back on. 

And how do wired connections behave?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JohnP21,

Thanks for your reply and welcome back to the community!

Again from looking at the account I can't seem to find any issues or figures that would attribute to the problems.

The router is current sat on 10+ days uptime, did you try the link above with regards to the helpful tips? I'd advise to reboot and allow 1/2 minutes before placing back on.

Finally how is the system through a wired connection? As we can only guarantee the broadband we need to know whether the issue occurs through an ethernet connection.

Thanks,

Kain

Thank you for the reply. Yes I followed the hints and tips to no avail. 
the system works well when wired directly into the router. It is the wireless that is suspect and the the wired over the booster that is suspect too. 
John

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JohnP21

Do you have many devices connected via wireless? The more you can get connected via wired connection can improve your WiFi signal.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs