cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick wont connect to Hub4

Micheleboulton
Tuning in

My Firestick suddenly lost connection around the 27th October, I have been trying various solutions to no avail

• Tried stick on all hdmi ports on 2 tvs
  • Disguarded the network and tried to reconnect.  When doing this via WPS it finds the network but the network wont connect
  • Tried to connect via normal search and password
  • Unplugged hub and powered up again
  • Powered up the stick after disconnecting
  • Taken stick to my daughters house and it works fine, so no issue with the stick
  • At the sametime a tablet auto disconnected but via the Media app i was able to pause it for a day and reconnected fine the following day.  Unable to do this with the stick as its not showing in the list of equipment
  • All other equipment connecting fine either via 5g or 2.4g eg Amazon Echo, Google screens, tablets, mobile, Ring door bell etc etc.
  • Please help as ive tried everything

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

You plug it into the Stick's micro USB port, the USB goes to the existing plug for power and the Ethernet cable goes to your hub.

Amazon makes its own Ethernet adapter as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fir... 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the explanation....if you can appreciate this really is annoying that i have to spend money on something that has a possibility of not working, especially when it worked without this before for nearly 2 years and worked on my daughters tv without it.  

If changes have been made by Virgin to stop the stick from connecting it should be financed by Virgin! 

Thanks

My hub has no spare ethernet slots, i will have to sort in the morning and track what they all feed before i order one

Thanks

For a variety of reasons your device(s) may not get a strong enough WiFi signal (this happened to me with my V6), so you need a wired connection. If you lack a spare LAN port then get some more by using a gigabit switch - look at my sig for an example of such a switch.

--

Good Morning @Micheleboulton, hope you're keeping well.

Do you possibly have any updates for us on the connection to the Firestick?

Have you been able to take time to consider the options provided by @Roger_Gooner?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Roger

Ive purchased an Amazon ethernet adaptor and have managed to grab 5 mins to fit and its WORKED but ive had to disconnect my CCTV. Would you recommend which switch is best for me, ive had a look and think if i got an 8 port one it will allow any further expansion that may occur.  What do you think of below?  I may be able to hard wire the bird box now too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A121WN6/ref=psdcmw_430573031_t2_B07HP6ZLSM    

I really appreciate your help with this solution 

Thank you! 

If you look at my sig I think it's the same as I've got.

--

Hi

Switch ordered and installed.  The firestick wouldnt work plugged into the switch so swapped it about and back into the hub.

Everything now fully working..

Thank you

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Micheleboulton,

I'm glad that is sorted for you now.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

All the best,

Kain