cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick wont connect to Hub4

Micheleboulton
Tuning in

My Firestick suddenly lost connection around the 27th October, I have been trying various solutions to no avail

• Tried stick on all hdmi ports on 2 tvs
  • Disguarded the network and tried to reconnect.  When doing this via WPS it finds the network but the network wont connect
  • Tried to connect via normal search and password
  • Unplugged hub and powered up again
  • Powered up the stick after disconnecting
  • Taken stick to my daughters house and it works fine, so no issue with the stick
  • At the sametime a tablet auto disconnected but via the Media app i was able to pause it for a day and reconnected fine the following day.  Unable to do this with the stick as its not showing in the list of equipment
  • All other equipment connecting fine either via 5g or 2.4g eg Amazon Echo, Google screens, tablets, mobile, Ring door bell etc etc.
  • Please help as ive tried everything

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you look at my sig I think it's the same as I've got.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Micheleboulton 

Have you tried forgetting the network?  Settings ? network >  Scroll to the VM network then press the menu buttonon your remote. Then press the button above the fast forward symbol and choose Forget network.

You should also have an HDMI extender cable with the firestick.  (picture with the hdmi extender highlighted at the bottom) Plug the firestick into that as it moves it further away from the TV so helping to cut down on interference.

Even though it worked OK at your daughters house you could also try factory resetting the firestick.

You can do this by either

Pressing the Home button on your remote and then going into Settings. Then select My Fire TV, scroll down, and click Reset to Factory Defaults. Finally, click Reset when the pop-up message appears.

Or

Press and hold Back and the Right side of the navigation circle together for 10 seconds. On the TV screen, choose to continue or cancel the factory reset. If you don't choose, the device resets automatically after several more seconds.

fs hdmi extenderfs hdmi extender

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave

Thanks for getting back to me.

• The extender is already in use, ive always used that attachment
  • Forgetting the network has been tried too ive misdescribed it as 'disguarded' the network, sorry for the confusion on that one
  • Ive not done a reset, so will try that and get back to you
  • I did miss to put that the hub is sited close to the stick so the wifi distance to communicate shouldnt be the issue

Thanks again Michele

Thanks again for your input

Hi

Ive done the factory reset and the stick still will not connect to my hub4.  Ive tried putting the app on my phone and the fire tv will not connect to the hub off the app on my phone even.

I have also tried connecting to the 2.5g even with no luck.

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Micheleboulton,

However a warm to the community.

Just regarding this, are you receiving an error code when trying to connect?

Also are any other devices experiencing the issues?

Have you tried a pinhole reset with the Hub also?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi

A tablet was not able to connect but i then paused it, via the Media app on my phone, left it for a day, took it off pause and reconnected it, all was fine. 

My bird box camera wont reset but ive not been able to investigate this further as i need a ladder to get to the box and im sure that in the 2.4g band width.

No error code being received.  Is the pinhole reset right at the bottom on the hub4...is it like on a pc, you use a paperclip to press it?

Thanks

You can try a USB to Ethernet adapter, I use this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-Streaming-including-Chromecast/dp/B07R6P6MM8 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi

Ive carried out a pinhole reset on the hub twice this morning and the firestick still will not connect.  It finds the network, states its a good signal strength but when i try to connect via the remote route it fails, ive tried scanning the QR code and connect via the Fire TV app and that fails too. Following a factory reset, suggested by someone else, i dont get the option to try to connect via the WPS anymore.

☹☹

Hi Micheleboulton, thanks for the message. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the firestick, can you confirm if you are still having issues with this. 

Have you had the chance to view the link which Roger has sent?

Kind regards

Chris. 

Hi

Its still not working.  Sorry i did type a reply to Roger but upon checking its not there.

Im not sure i can try Rogers suggestion as the firestick only has a HDMI outlet port, so unsure where to plug in the ethernet cable or usb port thats on the adapter shown.?

Thanks