cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick Not Connecting To Network

Kieranmick
Tuning in

Since i got the hub 4 i cant get my 4k Amazon firestick to connect to the network, it sees the wifi but wont establish a connection to it, i have tried taking the adapter out rebooting, seperating the 2.4ghz and 5 ghz ssids, the firestick connected to the hub 3 no problem also all the other devices in the household connect up to the hub 4 but this firestick and my laptop it is very strange.

9 REPLIES 9

askfordave
Tuning in

Same here. Connects sometimes but then disconnects and won’t reconnect? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 pinhole reset on the Hub. Also a wired connection would be best for the firestick. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That’s actually worked. Thank you 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kieranmick, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you back in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue getting your Firestick to connect to the Hub. 

I can see another user has had success off the back of the post by Adduxi saying to complete a pin hole reset on the hub. Can you also try this and let us know how it goes?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i have reseted it, put it back to factory settings think it may be a fault with the hub, i have an engineer coming today

Hi there @Kieranmick

Thank you for letting us know, now it's been a few days since the visit how are things looking? 

What did the engineer say when they came? 

Thanks again.

the hub 4 was actually faulty, it had been delivered by courier so engineer thinks it may have been thrown about in its packaging which had led to it being defected. engineer was great discovered that the frequencies were out and replaced the hub and it fixed the issues 👍

Do you remember the SSID name on the old hub? If you do, rename the hub 4 SSID to the same name, should connect straight away. Worked with all the hubs i have had in the past.

Glad to hear the issue was resolved with our team @Kieranmick.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs