cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire tablet "Issue obtaining IP address"

LauraJade
Tuning in

Hi,

I got a new HUB 4 today and while the home PC connects fine via ethernet, and the TV Stream box + 2 mobile phones connect fine via WIFI, my sons Amazon kids fire HD 10 tablet (2021 11th gen) won't connect and just keeps "obtaining IP address" until it fails...

The tablet has worked fine on Sky broadband for the last 12 months.

I've tried turning the router and tablet off/on multiple times, entering the IP address manually as a static connection, and even hotspotting the connection via the mobile phones that will connect to it, all to no avail...

Any help if possible would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LauraJade
Tuning in

***SOLVED***

The factory reset fixed the issue.

Thanks everyone!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use hub in modem mode and get a better wifi router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LauraJade 

Double check that the Fire tablet isn't in airplay mode.in

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

smudgger
On our wavelength

Check tablets IP address it might be the same as the new hub I.E. 192.168.0.1  if so you will need to give the tablet a static one.   I had this problem some years ago.

LauraJade
Tuning in

***UPDATE***

Firstly, thank you everyone for all the suggestions!

So, as it happens my son has 2 fire tablets, as he is autistic and loves to turn the brightness all the way up so the charge doesn't last very long, so we purchased a second so we can swap them out when one needs charging!  Anyway one of them got water damaged last week, but it was under warranty so we were able to return it and they sent us a brand new replacement, which came today! And as it turns out the new one connected just fine!.

Soooo I'm going to do a factory reset on the old one, and see what happens, but if the problem persists I'll start firing through some of the fixes you all kindly suggested!

Hi @LauraJade thanks a lot for your post here in the Community and I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

It's great to hear that since you've been provided with a new tablet the problems have subsided for you, but if any of the fixes provided above don't resolve the problem on the old one please let us know and we'll do our best to help!

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

LauraJade
Tuning in

***SOLVED***

The factory reset fixed the issue.

Thanks everyone!