cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters on the coaxial cable

Rafiq-l
Joining in

Hi, 

don’t know if I’m using the right terminology, this filter at the end of my coaxial cable which then goes it to the back of modem, does it need to be fitted or can I do without it ?

if I’ve got them plugged in then I have no connection, I’ve had this problem for 2 days now and I’ve had to remove them for my internet to work.

anybody please let me know if I need to book an engineer.

00393DC3-6F3E-4CF2-98AA-4C7FE4FE9468.jpeg

21 REPLIES 21

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The pictures are of a standard 3dB and a 6dB attenuator. If the upstream power levels shown are with these attenuators in place they need replacing with a 10dB forward path attenuator as you downstream levels are on the high side. If the levels are when the attenuators have been removed you have other problems. Either problem definitely needs a technician’s visit, either call customer services or wait until a VM staff member gets to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @Rafiq-l

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your broadband. I have taken a look at your account and your power levels are indeed out of specification. This will require a technician to correct. 

Unfortunately, your area is currently impacted by a SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) outage. This has been raised under Fault Reference F009171991 and the estimated time of fix is 27 JUL 2021 09:00. Until the area issue has not been resolved, we are unable to book an appointment I'm afraid. I will keep an eye on your account and as soon as the outage has been verified as fixed, I will check in with you again here. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you 👍

My pleasure 🙂

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @Rafiq-l

Just following up. Unfortunately, the estimated time of fix for the outage has now been pushed to 30 JUL 2021 09:00. 

I will keep checking and once I see the outage has been verified as resolved, I will check the signal levels again and will follow up with you to book a tech visit if still required.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

No problem just as long as you don’t forget 👍

@Rafiq-l

Don't worry, I won't 😄

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @Rafiq-l

Just another quick message from me. The SNR Outage has not been resolved yet unfortunately. The estimated time of fix is now showing as 5th August 13:00.

Due to the nature of technical faults a fix is not always straight forward so if more work is involved than originally anticipated it can be pushed back.

I will be in touch now once fully resolved- please note the estimated time is subject to change.

Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

👍

Hi @Rafiq-l

I've got some good news. The outage has been resolved 🙂

I have reviewed your account again and can see there are some performance issues which can result in intermittent connection or partial service due to network impairments. I can go ahead and arrange for a technician to come out now and look into this and sort the power levels out for you. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can take some more details and get this booked. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team