cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre/TV interior cable installation

CLG91
Joining in

Hi,

I'm due to have fibre and TV installed toward the end of the month, with the exterior (brown) box already put up today.

My query is about how the cables will be done to go from that box at the front of the house to the living room at the back where the current router/TV is.

It's a mid-terrace house and we've recently had the downstairs refurbished so definitely do not want cables running through the hallway.

Would the installers feed the cable from the exterior box, up the outside wall and straight through the loft to the back wall so it can enter the lounge wall? (i hope that makes sense but basically straight up, through loft to outside the other end then down to the lounge)

Failing this, I'd most likely have to cancel the package and stick with broadband and Sky TV (which would be a shame to be honest).

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to go into the loft for the technician? They don't always go into unfloored lofts but can pass the cable into the loft for you to grab then do the same at the rear then join the cable at the loft hatch 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm happy to go into the loft (unboarded but we had boiler people up there before with no issues). I would rather go up there and pull it through and drop it out outside the other end if it means not having the cables on show in the house (other than where it comes in via the lounge wall).