cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel ripped off!

Clairb37
Joining in

Not sure if this is the right board to post this but here goes.

I'm currently paying 69.50 a month for m200 fibre (which is terrible) and a basic tv package. I'm out of contract so that's not an issue. I went on virgin website and there's an offer for m350 fibre, tv package including sports and cinema for the same price as I'm paying now but it's not available for me because I'm not a new customer. Is there any way I can get round this?

I'd appreciate some advice, thankyou.

17 REPLIES 17

Well I can see the downstream data, I suspect those replies crossed-over. 

It is possible, given the upstream timeouts and reported upstream power levels that you have a noise problem affecting upstream.  I can't be absolutely sure because the numbers involved vary depending on whether the cables outside your house are coaxial or fibre optic (VM's marketing use of the term "fibre" means nothing in this context).  I'll mark this for staff to take a look and comment.

Clairb37
Joining in

Thankyou.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Clairb37, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the broadband connection.

Are you able to advise me if you experience an intermittent connection on any devices that are connected via an Ethernet cable, or if this is restricted to Wi-Fi?

Do you experience Wi-Fi issues in the same room as the hub?

Are there any devices close to the hub that would be connected via an Ethernet connection?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clairb37
Joining in

Hi, thankyou.

It is mainly the wifi I believe as my son uses a cable and doesn't have as many problems as everyone else. It happens in every room, including the one with the hub.

Thanks for coming back to me @Clairb37,

For extra vigilance, can you please review these links for me to see if any of the information could be applicable to your set up? 

http://virg.in/wifihelp & http://virg.in/WiFiwins

We'd like to rule out all possible interference within your property before we were to send out a further engineer

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clairb37
Joining in

Thankyou.

I've done all those, the app says everything is working great but it really isn't!

Thanks for coming back to me @Clairb37, are you able to monitor the connection for me - on both Wired and Wi-Fi - both in the same room as the hub, and in locations away from the hub, for the next 48 hours to see if the changes you've made have had a positive impact on the services?

It may also be worth setting up a broadband quality monitor to help us take a look at the performance of the connection

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Clairb37
Joining in

Thanks, yes I'll keep an eye on it.

I've used that link to register but I'm not sure how the site works or if I need to do anything more?