cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty wi fi pods

webbc
On our wavelength

I have 3 wi fi pods which were working perfectly before a power outage. For over a week now they have been blinking a white light. I tried several things that were recommended online before ringing Virgin. During a lengthy phone call the pleasant chap on the other end tried many things to no avail. He eventually decided they may be faulty and agreed to replace them. However I have received an email saying I have the limited amount and will not receive any more. How’s this right? I have no working pods and no wifi where I need it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @webbc, thanks for getting back to us.

We are currently aware of an issue between connections of our WIFI Pods to our Hubs, whilst we are looking into this we do ask that you bear with us until we have this issue resolved, once we do we will provide you with further updates.

Thanks. Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi webbc,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with your Pod connectivity after a power outage. I've had a look on our end and your Hub is showing as offline - it could just be that it's turned off currently, or maybe an issue due to the outage you had. Can you please perform a factory reset on your Hub and let us know once this has been done and once the Hub is back online so we can run more tests? 😊

If you could also let us know exactly what you've tried in terms of getting the Pods reconnected, that would be great and we can go from there.

Thank you

Beth

webbc
On our wavelength

The hub is online has been for 3 days I’ve reset it twice to no avail. I’ve switched off the pods at the socket and moved them around. The wifi is virtually non existent where I need it to run a security camera. The hub is also only a couple of feet from the nearest pod. I was told they were faulty during a lengthy phone call and they would be replaced. I’ve since had an email saying I have the maximum amount of pods and would receive no more. Yes I have 3 none of which are working.

webbc
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

If I should try resetting the hub again should I keep the pods plugged in and switched on or not plugged in? Also should I leave the original hub password or can I change it? 
Colin

We would recommend trying the reset across the Hub and the Pod's. 

You can change the password if you would like to, this shouldn't effect the Pods once they are paired.

webbc
On our wavelength

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve tried that

Hi webbc,

When resetting the Hub are you pushing a pin/ paper clip in the reset hole at the back of the Router and keeping it pushed in for a full timed 1 Minute, once done allow 15 minutes to settle then plug all 3 pods near the hub and leave a while to see if the light goes out.

Regards

Paul.

webbc
On our wavelength

Yes

webbc
On our wavelength

C8962AF9-C1A9-478E-AFBA-2BF34FB0C4C6.jpeg This is my reading where I need it with 3 pods still blinking white, after trying everything. Using the Virgin connect app.

Hey @webbc, thanks for getting back to us.

We are currently aware of an issue between connections of our WIFI Pods to our Hubs, whilst we are looking into this we do ask that you bear with us until we have this issue resolved, once we do we will provide you with further updates.

Thanks. Joe