Menu
Highlighted
TonyFranks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Fault

Anyone else got continuing problems in Area 20............. BN14 postcode ?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fault

Have you used the Check Service Status facility (top right of this page) to see whether there is a known issue affecting your location?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which often lists local issue down to postcode level that might not be listed on the Service Status web page.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

TonyFranks
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have done the online checks and service status...........we have had a major outage since Wednesday but apparently this is now fixed, but we still have no service. Just wondering if anyone was having the same continuing problem in the area
0 Kudos
TonyFranks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Scott, I have done the online checks and service status...........we have had a major outage since Wednesday but apparently this is now fixed, but we still have no service. Just wondering if anyone was having the same continuing problem in the area
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@TonyFranks The chances of stumbling across somebody in your area on this forum is slim.  If you want to know if your neighbours are still having issues you would be better asking them in person.

Regardless of others, if you still have an issue and it is not listed on the Service Status phone line then you need to report it to VM.  The quickest way to do that is call VM, or you can wait for the forum staff to get to this post in a few days.  If you choose to wait for the forum staff they will need more detail about what the problem is.

0 Kudos
TonyFranks
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I realise that and an engineer is booked for Monday, slim as the chances are, I thought it worth asking the question since my nearest neighbours are not with VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@TonyFranks wrote:
I realise that and an engineer is booked for Monday, slim as the chances are, I thought it worth asking the question since my nearest neighbours are not with VM

If an engineer is booked then it unlikely there is still an area fault. The VM systems don't let staff book visits while there is an area fault to avoid wasting time trying to fix faults that are further up the chain.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey TonyFranks, 

Thanks for your post, it's great to have you as part of our community. 

Sorry you've had some issues with the services, this ins't what we like to hear. 

How're things looking today? 

Did we visit you yesterday?

Let us know if you still need help 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
TonyFranks
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Emma, the engineer did come and identified the problem as a nicked cable on top of the area faults of last week ..............we are expecting replacement cable to be laid on Friday. In the interim, he changed some settings to give us some level of connectivity
0 Kudos