cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast speed, slow loading, broken websites

X-Morgan
Tuning in

Hi all, looking for help and advice.

Two weeks ago I noticed that my connection wasn't as stable. You kinda get used to how quickly pages load and notice anything out of the ordinary.

The biggest culprit was any speedtest results showing 200-220Mb, but pages like BBC News, Twitter, YouTube showing blank white pages and "establishing a secure connection" in Chrome. Once it was done it half-loaded a site with broken links as images.

It affected anything connected to the network (ethernet or Wi-Fi).

I assumed it would just resolve itself, but it didn't.

I would also get a lot of DNS style errors and "page failed to load" within Chrome or failed logins for anything using https. But if you left it on the error page, after about 60 seconds, it would load perfectly.

I've been backwards and forwards with tech support, however it's been no use as they just tried to sell me Wi-Fi Booster pods for some reason, or blame the fact that I'm running in modem mode (even though I told them that the issues persist even in router mode).

Yesterday I had an engineer out and he replaced my Superhub 2ac with a Superhub 3 and he said he went out to the signal box and tightened a few connections while he was there.

Power levels and other readings he said were now fine with the Hub 3 installed, but as the day went on, the issues were still there.

2 hours on Tech support yesterday and today have got me no closer other than being told "your connection is being monitored and will improve within 24 hours" but I've been told that about 6 times now over the last 2 weeks.

I checked these forums and noticed people having very similar issues (PSN, DNS, slow loading).

Any and all help is appreciated.

(Also, for info, I changed my DNS and the issue was still there)

If you need any details, please let me know.

50 REPLIES 50

I wish it was only the browser that was affected.

Anything that's connected to the wifi or ethernet is fair game for errors showing up. iPhone Twitter not loading, YouTube just showing blank recommendations, games that I play on my PC fail to authenticate my login details.

It's amazing how much you miss normality when it doesn't work right.

Another daily update.

Came home from working hoping that it was somehow resolved but shock surprise still the same issues.

Imageless websites, hanging on white page trying to load, 'DNS PROBE FINISHEDNXDOMAIN', and server connection errors when trying to login.

Would absolutely love someone from VM to help out with this as there's only so many "please restart your modem and wait 24 hours" I can take before I just want to cancel my contract.

Yeah, it's exactly all of that and having DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN too in Chrome.

There appears to be several users complaining about the same or similar issues on here. Regards Chrome on pc, pages are either taking time to load, load normally or not at all.. I’m not getting any specific error codes though.Tthey’ve said my hub 4 is faulty and im waiting for a hub 5… we’ll see!

Just out of idle curiosity all of you suffering from the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error message, you don’t happen to live in north London by any chance do you?

No, I live in south Glasgow, but I've been getting a lot of the errors the WIX thread has, and also the PlayStation Network thread too.

I contacted tech support again (for my sins) and they said that the best they can do is send out an engineer, even though I told them that the one who came out on Friday checked all connections and the box on the street.

It's like trying to ice skate uphill right now...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI X-Morgan,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry you are having these issues, I have checked our systems and your hub is currently unreachable, I can see you also have a tech visit scheduled, is this in regard to the same issue?

Zoie

Morning Zoie,

Last night after speaking to tech support I switched the Superhub 3 back to modem mode and used my own router as the WiFi on the SH3 isn't that great, and also to try different DNS settings to try and resolve the issues I've been having, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the visit is for. I advised tech support that an engineer was out last Friday swapping my SH2ac to a SH3 and they checked all the connections in my home and the external box, but last night they said "what else do you want us to do?"

So I'm essentially jumping though tech support hoops right now.