cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP coming

PhilipF
Superfast

They have just installed the street cabinets in my area, drilling into the existing underground cable covers. has anyone else had experience of what happens next.

A few questions.

how long before the new street cables gets installed?

Do they connect up to all properties of existing VM users with new powered wall boxes

I understand that the coax inside the premises is not replaced?

Do they remove the old cabinets which in general the new cabinets have been placed next to?

I should add that city fibre have been active in the area and we receive letters from providers offering alternative full fibre.

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PhilipF, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Once we have installed the area it will all be added to the network at the same time and we do not do this by individual customer. The fibre would come from the cabinet to the property. The coax inside would not be replaced that is correct. 

Hopefully we are able to get this all installed soon. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

The new cabinets have been in for a couple of weeks but no sign of anything else. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a lot more involved in just the cabinets. A lot of work at the VM headend and installation of equipment in cabinets and power supply. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Yes, that what I was getting at, no sign of Kelly coms blokes pointing and head scratching. yet.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey PhillipF, thanks for your posts and replies on our help forum - happy to have you back to our community.

Sorry to hear of the delays in linking your area to our VM network, sometimes these works involve third party contractors such as Kelly or council permits which take time to complete, amongst others. 
You may visit this link here for more info and details on this, please tell us if you have more questions about this process.

Also, let us know if you've had any updates since you last posted here and if you wish us to help further with this query.
We'd be happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks some cable pulls going on,