cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow broadband

AnotherSteve
Tuning in

My broadband has been very slow since midday yesterday. Yesterday afternoon it wouldn't work at all meaning that I couldn't work. Now a speed test gives 0.73 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download. If I phone 150 I get a message saying that they're upgrading in my postcode (SE23) and it will be fixed by 3:30 pm. Same message and time yesterday and today. Perhaps the date is missing from the message! How do I find out when it will actually be fixed? Virgin should let people know when they're going to do work on the service, at least that way I could have booked Friday afternoon off.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Best information will be on 0800 561 0061 which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AnotherSteve, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues. I have checked and can see you are affected by an SNR outage. The estimated fix date is 12 October, 3:30.

Zoie