cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely poor broadband service

tyler-knowler
Joining in

Every since Virgin Media 'upgraded' us to the M125 package (previously on the M100 which we had no problems at all with) we have had absolutely horrendous speeds and at times no service at all.

Around mid Novemeber 2022 I sent in a complaint regarding absolutely horrendous upload speeds. With our package we are meant to get an average of 20Mb (in reality, I would be happy with anything over 10) but we were getting around 0.2Mb for most of the day.

We sent in a couple complaints to which we were told we were too far from the hub, or that we just need to restart it.

After a couple months we started having our internet just go down throughout the day at what seems like random times.  This ranges from 6am, 3pm, 8pm and even times like 2am. Because of this, most of our house has resolved to using their mobile data for internet since our home Wi-fi is aweful.

After a few weeks of this, we finally managed to get a technician booked and they couldn't find any problem but said it could be that our old hub was struggling to update with the package change, so all they ended up doing was switching our hub our for a new one. But the problem was still there.

After another week we got a 2nd technician booked out and they replaced the hub again and saw an issue with the cable that goes from our hom to the main lines, so they booked in to get them replaced the next day.

After they replaced the cable in question, they called it a day and went on their way. But the problem is still here. A week has passed since this, and we are still experiencing absolutely terrible service and speeds when we have it.

All of this has been happening (at the same time) with all family members/guests in the house and on devices connected over Wifi as well as connected via ethernet which we emphasised massively in every complaint we have sent in.

I have sent in a complaint within the last week to which I was told that I was too far from the hub and to try connect via ethernet...

However, on monday I did look at the hub status and saw in the upstream section that the Modulation on 3 of them were 16qam when the internet seemed to be struggling, as well as in the network log, we were getting loads of "critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" in there.

heres is a link to our Think Broadband graph 

I'm here as a last resort before switching providers, as even half the speed we get during our peaks is better than the complete lack of service and support we get for the most part.

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tyler-knowler thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised regarding your connectivity.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can locate things and run further checks - kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W