cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Wi-Fi Pods please…

DAHneo
On our wavelength

Good morning,

I’m posting on here as I’ve just moved house and I’m too busy to call and wait in the queue indefinitely, so I’m hoping a VM staff member will take pity on me… 🤞🏻

I had my service (Gig1), moved to my new house on Thursday, but it is a very long detached bungalow and I have very poor to no Wi-Fi from the middle to back of the house and the garden, which has an outbuilding I want to use as an office as I work from home full-time.

The extremely good engineer advised me to give it a few days to settle, but if no better to contact VM to arrange to have 2 Wi-Fi Pods sent to me. I already have 1, which has helped but not sufficiently for the areas of the house mentioned above.

Can a staff member contact me and arrange this please? It would be most appreciated. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can only order a second pod after 7 days since receiving the first one.

You do have to call in to order them (cant do it online the website is borked) - or try the web-chat or Whatsapp functions (that has worked for some) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort one for you .

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DAHneo

Thanks for posting - hope the house move went well 🙂

I'll PM you now to send out another Pod.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DAHneo

Thanks for joining us on PM. Just to update the thread, the 2nd WiFi Pod was sent over. Please when received, follow this link below; 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

DAHneo
On our wavelength

Hi.

I’ve now had my 2nd Wi-Fi pod for 3 weeks now and while it has improved signal in the rooms to the rear of the house I’m still getting no more than 2mbps in the outbuilding I intend to convert into an office.

If I cannot improve signal further I will need to purchase a separate mobile broadband contract which I very much want to avoid.

I tried talking online with VM via the Bot but that service is truly awful - for the 2nd day running I answered the bot’s questions to be told I’d be passed to an agent. I waited for 2.5 hours and went off to do other things, in the meantime an offshore agent replied and because I did not reply in 10 minutes I was passed back to the bot! Apologies - I appreciate that is a different thread altogether!

I’m hoping another member of the Forum Team picks this up and takes pity on me and sends me the 3rd pod.

Thank you in anticipation.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You should ask for WifiMax - guarantees 20Mbps in every room - or you get a £100 credit

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

DAHneo
On our wavelength

Thanks John. I found out yesterday I am already on this - I didn’t even know it existed until then!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DAHneo wrote:

Hi.

I’ve now had my 2nd Wi-Fi pod for 3 weeks now and while it has improved signal in the rooms to the rear of the house I’m still getting no more than 2mbps in the outbuilding I intend to convert into an office.

If I cannot improve signal further I will need to purchase a separate mobile broadband contract which I very much want to avoid.

Hi @DAHneo 

It's definitely worth having the third pod, and I really hope the third pod works, although it might take a lot of careful repositioning of the pods.

I've actually got one pod and this reaches the end of my garden and outhouse (really thick walls) and I have a reliable speed of around 25/30Mbps there 

but, read the small print from the following  https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/wifi-max 

d) The scope of the WiFi Guarantee excludes the following:

• i. WiFi speed tests using a VPN connection (which may unduly cap the speed reported, and not be reflective of the actual speed delivered to your device);
  • ii. exterior buildings (including, but not limited to, garages, sheds and garden offices);
  • iii. unconverted loft (one that is unfurnished);
  • iv. outside of the home;
  • v. if you caused a fault, for example, incorrect use of devices;
  • vi. failure to follow our reasonable instructions;
  • vii. instances where we reasonably suspect that a claim is
  • fraudulent, frivolous or vexatious; and
  • viii. instances where you fail to inform us of any known restrictions within your control

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi DAHneo, sorry to hear of your difficult experience getting an additional pod ordered. 

You should be able to order them via the Connect app following a quick scan of your home to identify the place with the coverage issue, and where is best to place the pod to optimise its benefits! 

However, as you have asked for our support with this I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and help get this 3rd pod sent out to you!

I will send you a PM now - you can find it in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. 

All the best. 

Molly