cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Nynex Box Broken

veronna
Joining in

Hello,

Recently our broadband becomes very unstable. After checking we found out the Nynex external box is broken and it may be the reason the internet signal being unstable. 

How could we replace/fix it?

We appreciate all the advice.

Thank you so much.

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post up some photos so that the VM staff can see what needs doing - they usually respond here in a couple of days - or call it in for quicker response - or try the "live chat".

You say signal is unstable, is that only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello John,

Thank you for the suggestion. I post the photo here.

Both wifi and ethernet cable worked fine when we moved in this house. 

After heavy raining few weeks ago, wifi and ethernet all have unstable connection issue.

Thus we checked and found out the external nynex box broken.

I will try to live chat with VM.

Thank you so much. 😄

239873384_435200051127591_958803620594244661_n.jpg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes that needs fixing. Call the fault line to report it and the connection issue - they can check the connection remotely

Or a VM person will respond on here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi @veronna,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to see that you had this damaged omni box on your home. I can see it's been a few days since your post. Have you managed to get in touch with the team since then, or do you still need our assistance?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach,

Thank you for response. I haven't got chance to get connection with other team yet.

It will be grateful if you could help on this issue.

Thank you so much.

Hi @veronna,

Not to worry, I will pop you a PM now so we can arrange for a tech to come out and get this sorted. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for taking the time out to speak with me via PM @veronna

That's all done for you. I have booked the visit to get this repaired.

Keep us posted 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello forum team,

Thank you so much for arranging the fix.

It's all done now. The internet is stable again.

Thank you all for help on it.

Thanks for coming back to us @veronna and I'm glad that your issues have now been resolved.

Please let us know on here, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L