cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Cable to Long

KingShaves
Tuning in

Hi. How do I go about requesting for our external cable to be shortened. We've just had out front garden done, the cable once curved around a few flowerbeds etc. it now goes from the omnibox to the front of the house. We have 2-3 metres of excessive cable above ground.

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait here for VM they should be able to book something as a non fault call out it will cost you £25 - or you could coil it up and bury it - i have similar and its under a gravel bed

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony. Good advice. I'll sit tight and wait to hear from VM 🙂

Hi @KingShaves, thanks for your post here in the community.

I can certainly look to schedule a visit for you to try and get this sorted - as @-tony- has mentioned, callout charges are £25 for non-faults related visits.

I'll send you a PM to ask you to confirm some further details, so please expect this to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KingShaves,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your external cable issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KingShaves,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages. I'm glad that you're happy with the selected time and date for your appointment.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KingShaves,
Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your cable relocation issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KingShaves,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. If you'd like to upgrade to a Hub 4, you'll have to speak to our team directly on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809 to upgrade your package. 

You can read more about this on our website for more information. Unfortunately, we're unable to amend packages on this platform so getting in touch directly would be the best available option.

Keep us updated on how you get on with your appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team