cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending cable between isolator and splitter

RMN_81
Joining in

Hi,

I’m a new customer and need to extend the distance between my wall socket and the VM splitter. How can I get a VM extension cable sent out to me for this please?

14 REPLIES 14

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM can only supply short cables via post.  Otherwise it's a reasonable £25 for a Technician to call and do whatever cabling you need.  Note it's against the T&C's of your contract to extend any VM cables yourself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RMN_81, 

Thanks for your post and enquiry about extending your connection. 

As mentioned by Adduxi, we would need to send an engineer out to arrange this for you. There is a charge of £25 which would be added to your next bill. 

If you would like us to schedule the appointment, then just reply to the private message I have sent you to confirm some details. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RMN_81, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. 

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

As you're within the first 14 days of a self install, I've been able to book the visit in for you free of charge on this occasion. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Many thanks for this. Unfortunately I can’t sign into my account online at present as it seems to be linking my email to an old account from 5+ years ago. 

Sorry to hear that RMN_81, to give the details of the visit I will need to ask some questions.

I will pop you over a Private Message to get these from you.

Rob

Hi Kath

I am also looking to move around my lounge, therefore need an extended cable between the isolator and splitter.

Is there any way this could be arranged please?

If you need any details from my please get in touch.

Thanks

Dan

Hi danmc93, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We can certainly get the visit arranged for you however I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. Please note there is a £25 charge for the visit. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi danmc93,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, once the visits completes, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath, 

Date of appointment is great, thank you.

Can you confirm if the £25 charge will be on this coming month’s bill?

Thanks,

Dan