Can somebody from Virgin Media please comment on why you’re providing equipment to people that poses a threat to their safety?
My sister has had a traumatic experience this week after going to unplug a WiFi Pod and having it explode, and throw her backwards across the room.
This is clearly very serious.
After initially thinking it might have been a defective socket, we engaged an electrician and they immediately confirmed that the socket, and wiring, were all in perfect condition. I subsequently did some research and was surprised to find that there are numerous reports of Virgin Media equipment exploding.
I have written a letter to Virgin and have also opened dialogue with Citizens Advice and I will be escalating the complaint as far as it will go but I felt it was incredibly important to share this for others to see. If you have these in your home, please do be mindful.