cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhausted all normal help options

Kingcoma
Joining in

For over a month I have had disconnections throughout the day, and have tried to troubleshoot the cause, neighbour's who also have Virgin Broadband have not experienced the same issues. This past week has been far worse with my connection down for hours, this now affects my ability to earn an income. I have determined it is not my 3rd party router (I use my hub 3 in modem mode) I have gone through the help service on mobile twice and received nonsense replies, was told to reset my router after a 40 minute discussion where the help person told me they were sending 'the signals to my hub from their Einstein pad', it sounded like children's cartoon science.. I was then told to reset my router again in a week's time to make sure 'the signals' arrived. As I expected the problem persists. Now I am a bit stuck, as far as I can tell it must be an issue with my Hub3 as it is the last remaining variable but as I know I cannot rely on Virgin's regular help channels I have to come here and ask how on earth I can get a replacement Hub3

15 REPLIES 15

It's either that or wait for VM forum staff (who are excellent at getting things like this sorted out) to get to this - It could take a day or so though!

Another alternative is to go for the thinking of leaving VM option - that usually gets through to a person!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Oh I have been thinking of leaving for a long time 🤣  sad fact is that it is the fastest broadband option by far! and my work deals in large files.

I have booked a technician appointment, 20'th sept, I'll take that >.<

Such a painful process through the phone, thank god I have the day off!

What can I expect from a technician visit?

Glad the appointment is booked in!

The tech should:
Look at levels from the cab to the drop (outside the brown Omnibox)
Levels from the drop to the socket indoors (makes sure that part of the cable or connectors aren't knackered - Mine was)
Then levels from the socket to the hub

This will rule out any problems with cabling or connectors.

SOmetimes - they just make up new internal cabling and connectors in case any of those have deteriorated.

They will check the cab to make sure that there's nothing dodgy in there (like a drunk hobo or the like 😉 )

I always ask them what they are testing for / looking at and what it means - Most of them are glad to share the knowledge and it can really help you keep an eye on your connection!

If they make any changes, ask them what they are expecting from that change

ah great, so in other words a professional technician haha,

that's what matters to me! If it is hopefully the issue you sleuthed then all I care about is that I hopefully rarely get an issue going forward.

and don't need to call Virgin help!

Like a  [REMOVED] landlord, you can just hope you never need them!

Physical big things like cables things that can be replaced are the best outcome 😂

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Cheers, and have a great day dude!

You too! - Keep us posted!

Update. Excellent profession technician arrived today, replaced the connector box on the outside of the building and showed me the state of the cables, only one was working, rain had corroded the others...  She kept the borked connectors to show her apprentice 🤣. Will keep an eye on stability this week. Infuriated by the Virgin media phone help, but faith restored by the technician, and this forum x. Thankyou for the quick replies and for showing genuine interest. Fingers crossed with the connection