Menu
Suzi_H
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Everything else disconnects from the internet when I open Netflix on PC

Bit of a weird one here.  When I open Netflix, everything else connected to the internet disconnects e.g. Discord & Final Fantasy XIV specifically.  I can consistently recreate the problem by opening Discord & FFXIV and then opening Netflix which instantly disconnects me from the first two the second the video starts buffering.

What could be causing this?

I upgraded just a couple of months ago to the Vivid 200 package, as I was told by Virgin that this may solve frequent disconnect issues that I was having.  It does seem to have improved them, but it didn't stop the disconnects happening completely, and for the past few weeks I've been having the Netflix issue described above which is a pain.  And I should have more than enough upload/download for Netflix, FFXIV and Discord to all run smoothly at the same time given I had no major issues with this until a month ago.

I know I had a letter a while ago saying they might need someone to look at my connection because there was some issue (to do with power levels or something?) but I hadn't got round to actually contacting them about it.

Is there anything I can do to fix this in the meantime or is it going to be an engineer thing?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Everything else disconnects from the internet when I open Netflix on PC

Hi Suzi_H,

FFXIV and Discord, are they connected via the same device you are using for Netflix? We are sorry about this.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos