cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet works, no WIfi

staszeku
Joining in

I have Hub 3 which connects to broadband OK and shows everything works fine in Hub settings page.

Since this morning, I can only connect via ethernet cable, wifi devices cannot connect (get messages 'connection failed' or 'no IP address').

I tried restarting the hub, restarting all devices, resetting hub to factory settings - no change.

I tried the virgin support pages which say the cannot run a test at this time. Called 03454541111 and the automated answer sent me a text message and disconnected. The text message leads me back to support pages. No person top talk to - utter rubbish service. Any ideas how to resolve this or how to speak to an actual human at Virgin?

Ta

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the Hub in modem mode with your own router ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, 

No it's not in a modem mode.

Thanks

Staszek

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

WiFi is dead need new hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi staszeku, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to see of the issues you've been having here. From the information you've provided I think it would be best if I send you a private message so I can confirm some details and help out with this. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.