Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet ports stopped working Hub 3.0

MSEK
Tuning in

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some advice or help.

We had some crazy lightning last night, and following that the ethernet ports on my hub have stopped working. Funnily enough the WiFi is still working though.

So far I have tried:

• Restarting the hub
  • Restarting my PC
  • 3 different ethernet cables
  • Another laptop with ethernet port
  • Pinhole reset on the hub

Any ideas? 

Cheers,
M

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Get a replacement hub as you have done all the normal troubleshooting? 
If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

Project lighting coup de grass ?

A new Hub 3 could be required.

I thought this might be the case, couldn't see a way to do this via the website so would be handy if a mod could pick it up!

Cheers for the reply 🙂

KevJZeeeee
Joining in

Hi there

Yeah I have the exact same problem, I don't think this is related to the lightning strike because I didn't have one here.

We have two devices connected to the Hub3 via ethernet and both are not accessing the internet. It is as if they have been blocked. It happened for the first time yesterday I noticed that our smart heating system was not connected to the internet. I reset the route which seems to solve the issue temporarily because this morning we have the same issue. Alongside that our Apple TV box does not stream when connected via ethernet but will do when this is dis-connected and it is connected by wifi.

I wonder if there has been a firmware update or something else that could have changed the settings? I don't often have need to access the route itself and haven't done this for along time, both devices have always just plugged and played.

Any suggestion gratefully received.

Cheers

Kevin

Hey @KevJZeeeee,

I'm not sure they push firmware updates out to the hubs, I could be wrong though!

RE access to your router admin, if you do a pinhole reset on the hub (hold the small reset switch on the back in for a minute with a paperclip) it should factory rest the hub. Then the password for accessing the dashboard and wifi key will be reset to the ones printed on the bottom of the unit.

Hopefully a mod will be along soon to help us out!

Cheers

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MSEK, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the ports on your Hub, we will be able to help. 

I will just need to take some details so I am going to pop you over a private message now. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MSEK, 

Thank you for joining me on private message. 

I am very happy we have been able to get the visit booked in for you. 

Please do let us know how you get on and if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat