Menu
Jammidge
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet connection not working

Hi, been watching Prime/Netflix on a TV (in a different room to media box and modem) using WiFi but signal has got really bad.

I bought 2x Netgear PL1000’s and an Amazon Ethernet adapter to hard wire the tv to internet. However in the Networking section on Prime it cannot find the wired connection and only proposes wifi! 

I have tried connecting the Netgear to both the media box and modem but it doesn’t change anything. On YouTube, it looks really simple but clearly I am doing something wrong!

any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Tsar
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet connection not working

What's the "media box"? Is it an Amazon firestick? Is it a first generation firestick ie without the speech recognition on the remote?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ethernet connection not working

Hi there Jammidge,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you are trying to connect your TV to the router through Ethernet, you will need to go into the TV settings to change that over rather than on Prime.

What do you mean about Amazon Ethernet adapter?

To connect the powerline adaptors to the router, you can try the WPS button.

I hope this is what you are trying to do. If you need any more help, by all means post back here.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos